6.7 C
New York

Barcelona transfer news: Club resolve next signing for January window amid Xavi pressure | Football | Sport

Published:

Barcelona need to sign one other defensive midfielder in January to bolster the choices inside Xavi’s squad, in accordance with reports in Spain. The Barca boss is now under intense pressure at Camp Nou after his side were beaten 3-1 in El Clasico by Real Madrid on Sunday to cap a miserable week for the La Liga giants.

Barcelona now need a miracle to make it through to the Champions League knockout stages after drawing 3-3 with Inter Milan last week.

Inter now have to win just one in all their remaining matches against Viktoria Plzen or Bayern Munich to seal qualification to the last 16.

Bayern, meanwhile, have already qualified having won all 4 of their matches in Group C, meaning Barcelona at the moment are prone to drop into the Europa League.

In accordance with Football Espana, Barcelona are planning to delve straight into the transfer market in January – despite their ongoing financial struggles.

The report claims Barca need to sign one other holding midfield player with Sergio Busquets not considered to be the player he once was.

READ MORE: Arsenal chief Edu has last laugh on £62.8m transfer deal after unanswered phone calls

Busquets is about to be rested by Xavi in midweek giants Villarreal and the veteran is anticipated to depart Barcelona when his contract expires in the summertime of 2023.

Barca, due to this fact, need to seek out a alternative and the priority is to make one other signing versus replacing from inside.

Frenkie de Jong and Franck Kessie are considered to be Plan B options should Barcelona fail to make a latest signing.

The club aren’t, nonetheless, considering recalling 20-year-old Nico Gonzalez from his loan with Valencia following a formidable stint on the Mestalla.

Barcelona, despite their struggles in Europe, have enjoyed a formidable begin to the La Liga campaign – dropping just five points from a possible 27.

After 50 matches on the helm, Xavi’s win percentage is now considerably lower than that of Ronald Koeman, who was widely considered to be one in all the worst managers in Barcelona’s history.

Xavi has won 56 per cent of his matches, while Koeman had won 66 per cent of his first 50 games answerable for Barca.

Thomas Tuchel is among the many highly-rated coaches currently available following his dismissal at Chelsea.

Mauricio Pochettino can also be unemployed following his dismissal at Paris Saint-Germain at the top of last season.

The Argentine had previously said he would never manage Barcelona as a result of his Espanyol connections before later backtracking on his comments.

Talking to El Pais after leaving Tottenham, Pochettino said: “I made a reputation for myself at Espanyol. But I’m not boastful and I didn’t like making a press release like that.

“Perhaps now I would not because in life you never know what’s going to occur.”

sportinbits@gmail.com
sportinbits@gmail.comhttps://sportinbits.com
Get the latest Sports Updates (Soccer, NBA, NFL, Hockey, Racing, etc.) and Breaking News From the United States, United Kingdom, and all around the world.

Related articles

spot_img

Recent articles

spot_img