The Oscar-winning actor Kevin Spacey pleaded not guilty in a hearing at a London court on Friday to seven more charges of sexual misconduct, the BBC and other British news outlets reported.
Britain’s Crown Prosecution Service, which authorized the criminal charges in November, had said previously that the fees related to allegations of sexual assault, indecent assault and causing an individual to have interaction in sexual intercourse without consent.
The costs involve one man and the offenses were alleged to have taken place between 2001 and 2004, prosecutors have said.
Mr. Spacey, 63, a two-time Oscar winner, had already pleaded not guilty in July to 5 counts of sexual misconduct, regarding allegations involving three men involving incidents which might be said to have taken place between March 2005 and April 2013.
Mr. Spacey was the artistic director of the Old Vic theater in London during that point. A judge has scheduled a trial on those charges to start on June 6, 2023.
On Friday, the British judge, Mark Wall, agreed to affix the seven-count indictment to the previous five-count indictment, Reuters reported. Mr. Spacey appeared via videolink only to substantiate his name as Kevin Spacey Fowler and enter seven not guilty pleas through the temporary hearing, the news agency said.
The Southwark Crown Court, where the hearing took place, and legal representatives of Mr. Spacey didn’t immediately reply to requests for confirmation.
The actor, who won Academy Awards for his performances in “The Usual Suspects” and “American Beauty,” is free to work and travel before the trial, having been granted unconditional bail.