Without spending a dime real time breaking news alerts sent straight to your inbox enroll to our breaking news emails
Enroll to our free breaking news emails
Mark Zuckerberg has said he’s moving on from a rumoured cage fight with Elon Musk, claiming the Tesla founder “isn’t serious”.
The rival billionaire tech bosses seemingly agreed to a brawl in June when Mr Musk tweeted that he was “up for a cage fight”.
Mr Zuckerberg, who manages Facebook and Instagram, took a screenshot of Mr Musk’s tweet, replying “send me location”.
Nonetheless, on Sunday he said on social media platform Threads: ”I feel we are able to all agree Elon isn’t serious and it’s time to maneuver on.
“I offered an actual date. Dana White (UFC boss) offered to make this a legit competition for charity.
“Elon won’t confirm a date, then says he needs surgery, and now asks to do a practice round in my backyard as a substitute.
“If Elon ever gets serious a couple of real date and official event, he knows the best way to reach me. Otherwise, time to maneuver on. I’m going to concentrate on competing with individuals who take the game seriously.”
Mr Musk, owner of social media platform X, formerly named Twitter, appeared to suggest the fight could be held in an “epic location” in Italy.
He outlined streaming options and an ancient setting for the proposed event, claiming he had spoken to Italian Prime Minister Giorgia Meloni.
Tensions have been high between the 2 tech billionaires’ corporations after the launch of Threads, a text-based conversation app, by Mr Zuckerberg’s Meta in July.
Twitter sent a cease-and-desist letter to Mr Zuckerberg after the launch, claiming Meta had made “illegal misappropriation of Twitter’s trade secrets and other mental property”.
Mr Zuckerberg is trained in mixed martial arts, posting about completing his first jiu jitsu tournament earlier this 12 months.
Mr Musk said last week he was training for the fight by lifting weights.
He wrote on X: “Don’t have time to work out, so I just bring them to work.”