Are you a Marvel fan with $25 million to spare?
The superhero franchise and East Continental Gems announced a collaboration of real-life gemstones inspired by the Marvel Cinematic Universe Friday at San Diego Comic-Con.
Marvel Entertainment tweeted an image of the sparklers, calling it “one in every of the rarest collectibles” from SDCC.
Each of the six stones is placed in a custom Infinity Gauntlet just like the one Thanos (Josh Brolin) wears in the films.
“Fans and collectors are an important consumer for Marvel since they really live the Marvel lifestyle on daily basis and are all the time searching for to attach with the brand in latest and unique ways. We feel this authentic gemstone collection is cool and unexpected and extends the reach of the Marvel brand,” said Paul Gitter, of Marvel Consumer Products.
The Infinity Collection of gemstones consists of the six Infinity Stones from the Marvel Universe: Time, Space, Reality, Mind, Power and Soul.Marvel
Here’s a breakdown of the real-life stones and what they represent within the Marvel Universe, in accordance with its website:
- Time Stone: A Colombian emerald nearing 23 carats. This stone is the middle of the Marvel Universe itself and “has the flexibility to govern time — even in places beyond time.”
- Space Stone: A sapphire from Madagascar nearing 30 carats. “This stone allows its user to exist in any location, move throughout different realities, warp or rearrange space, teleport across planes whatever the laws of physics or magical barriers and even omnipresence.”
- Reality Stone: An over 15-carat natural oval ruby from Mozambique. “Apart from the facility to will anything in or out of existence, it will possibly retroactively create alternate realities around those changes.”
- Power Stone: An oval-shaped, natural amethyst that’s over 35 carats. “The Power Stone allows its users to access and manipulate all types of energy in addition to enhance their very own physical strength and sturdiness.”
- Soul Stone: A cushion-shaped Spessartite, exceeding 35 carats. “It can manipulate the soul and essence of an individual, control life and death, and comprises a pocket dimension called the Soul World.”
- Mind Stone: A high clarity, rectangular, good cut yellow diamond that’s almost 35 carats. This stone “allows its user to boost their mind, awaken or heighten psionic abilities like telepathy and telekinesis, and — when combined with the Power Stone — even access all minds in existence concurrently.”
Josh Brolin as Thanos in “Avengers: Infinity War” in 2018.©Walt Disney Co./courtesy Evere
Marvel Studios also released its timelines for Phase 5 of what’s next within the MCU. Attendees were the primary to see the trailer for “Black Panther: Wakanda Eternally” and caught glimpses of “Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 3” and “Ant-Man and the Wasp: Quantumania.”
Phase 6 will conclude with two Avengers movies in 2025: “Avengers: The Kang Dynasty” and “Avengers: Secret Wars.”