Pensioners are benefiting from advancements in technology and embracing social media. Not only that but there’s a generation of ‘granfluencers’ who’re earning hundreds of kilos to top up their state pension.
Greater than half (59 percent) of individuals between 65 and 74 are on social media, a report from Statista shows.
Moreover, that figure increased by 24 percent since 2015, suggesting the over 55 presence on social media is steadily increasing.
There are even members of the older generation raking in huge figures through social media influencing – which has evolved into the term granfluencing.
Influencer Marketing Hub has worked out each granfluencers estimated side hustle earnings per social post for TikTok and Instagram to crown a winner!
READ MORE: Bank offers 3.25% interest on savings as much as £1 million – ‘top’ pick
The 73 yr old’s recipes have seen her accumulate over 11 million followers and nearly 200 million likes.
This implies she could earn the typical US pension with just seven sponsored posts.
Completing the highest three is the UK’s Joe Allington (@grandadjoe1933).
The 88 yr old from Lichfield has turn into a viral sensation from his healthful family videos, and has racked up a following of six million with just over 160 million likes.
He can potentially earn greater than the typical UK pension of £44,541 with just 12 sponsored posts, earning an estimated £3,650 per sponsored post.
READ MORE: British energy bills forecast to soar above £5,000 by 2023
1 / 4 of Britons have a side hustle to generate an additional income on top of their full time job.
On average they’re making an additional 525 a month, in response to Henley Business School.
Express.co.uk has give you 10 side hustle ideas for pensioners:
- TV and film extra – As much as £250 a day
- Rent out your automotive – Around £550 a month
- Tour Guide – As much as £300 a day
- Petsitting – Average earnings of £20 a day
- Skillshare – It’s possible to earn greater than £500 a month
- TaskRabbit – Bid on tasks like DIY to earn over £500 a month
- Direct selling – On average people earn an additional £500
- Blogger – Earn as much as £500 a month
- Craftpreneur – Earn as much as £500
- Market research – £50 an hour.