All 4 NFC East teams are in good condition to make the playoffs, however the Eagles are by far the very best of the bunch.
With three weeks remaining within the 2022 NFL season, the Eagles are almost certain to earn the No. 1 seed within the NFC playoffs. And the three wild card teams in the meanwhile are the Cowboys, Giants and Commanders.
Here’s how the NFC playoff picture looks heading into Week 16:
1. Eagles (13-1) The category of the conference.
2. Vikings (11-3) Clinched the NFC North.
3. 49ers (10-4) Clinched the NFC West.
4. Buccaneers (6-8) Someone has to win the terrible NFC South.
5. Cowboys (10-4) Clinched a playoff berth.
6. Giants (8-5-1) Sunday night’s win over the Commanders has them in excellent shape with three weeks to go.
7. Commanders (7-6-1) Sunday night’s loss to the Giants hurts, but they still have a transparent path ahead of them.
OUTSIDE LOOKING IN
8. Seahawks (7-7) Own the head-to-head tiebreaker over the Lions.
9. Lions (7-7) Playing the very best football of any of the wild card contenders immediately, but they’ll need some help to achieve the playoffs.
10. Packers (5-8) Not giving up on the season yet, but they should win out and get help.
11. Panthers (5-9) They own all of the NFC South tiebreakers.
12. Saints (5-9) They own the head-to-head tiebreaker over the Falcons.
13. Falcons (5-9) They still have a likelihood since the NFC South is so terrible.
NO CHANCE OF GETTING IN
14. Rams (4-9) Baker Mayfield might make the Rams games more interesting, but they’re out of playoff contention.
15. Cardinals (4-10) Mathematically eliminated.
16. Bears (3-11) Mathematically eliminated.