Week seven of the NFL got here full of exciting games, high scores, and underdog wins. Many Penn Staters found themselves on a bye week or in a reserve role, but even with the drop in numbers, Nittany Lions made their mark.
As division races begin to heat up across the league, Penn Staters like Saquon Barkley and Micah Parsons balled out for his or her respective squads. Let’s dive into the most effective performances from Nittany Lions within the NFL this week.
Saquon Barkley, Recent York Giants
Saquon Barkley continued to shine and led the Giants to victory as Recent York continues to prove its critics flawed each week. Barkley contributed 110 yards on 24 attempts and a further 25 receiving yards within the 23-17 victory over the Jaguars.
The frontrunner for Comeback Player of the Yr was kept out of the tip zone for the third time this season, but his consistent runs, including his longest of the sport at 20 yards, helped Recent York run down the clock to secure the win.
Pat Freiermuth, Pittsburgh Steelers
Freiermuth proved to be a reliable option after a shaky begin to the season, as he caught eight passes on nine targets. Returning after missing last week because of a concussion, the tight end totaled 75 yards for a mean of 9.4 yards per reception. Nonetheless, his 4 first downs weren’t enough because the Steelers fell to the Dolphins 16-10.
The matchup provided a Penn State reunion between fellow No. 88, Mike Gesicki.
Micah Parsons, Dallas Cowboys
Micah Parsons added one other sack to his resume on Sunday and he’s now tied for second within the league with seven, adding to his Defensive Player of the Yr hype. Parsons had five total tackles en path to a 24-6 Cowboys win over the Lions.
Parsons got here up with a giant play to show the sport within the Cowboys’ favor, as he closed a spot to bring down a Lions player right outside the tip zone, stopping Detroit from taking the lead.
Jaquan Brisker, Chicago Bears
Brisker recorded his first NFL interception in Monday night’s game against the Patriots. The Nittany Lion also made rounds on social media after his game began with a questionable high kick from Mac Jones.
Brisker quickly got his revenge and traded the kick for a lovely one-handed interception. He finished the sport with seven tackles to assist the Bears beat the Patriots 33-14.
- Unfortunately, Dolphins tight end Mike Gesicki didn’t get one other likelihood at his controversial griddy this week. He recorded three receptions on seven targets, gaining 27 yards for Miami because it fell to the Steelers.
- Robbie Gould drilled all three field goals and two extra points, adding 11 points because the 49ers fell to the Chiefs 44-23.
- KJ Hamler only hauled in a single pass for 4 yards within the Broncos’ 16-9 loss to the Jets.
- Chris Godwin had the second-most receptions and targets for the Buccaneers and Tom Brady on Sunday. He caught seven passes for 43 yards within the Buccaneers’ 21-3 loss to the Panthers.
- Cornerback Amani Oruwariye faced Parsons and the Cowboys and contributed five tackles and a recovered fumble within the Lions’ defeat.
- Green Bay Packers safety Adrian Amos had one other strong game after getting back from a concussion. He recorded 10 tackles in a detailed game, as Green Bay fell to Washington 23-21.
Ashley is a freshman studying journalism from Recent Jersey. She has the misfortune of rooting for the Recent York Giants, but at the very least they’ve Saquon! You’ll be able to send ways for her to fulfill Saquon to her instagram @aconnington26 or watch her obsess over Harry Styles and Chelsea FC on twitter @ashconnington.