A judge in Puerto Rico has issued a domestic violence-related restraining order against Latin pop icon Ricky Martin.
Cops visited a wealthy neighborhood within the town of Dorado, where the 50-year-old singer lives, to try and serve the order, which was signed Friday, police spokesman Axel Valencia said.
“Up until now, police haven’t been in a position to find him,” Valencia said Saturday of Martin, whose reps have labeled the allegations “false and fabricated.”
It was not immediately known who asked for the restraining order, and the police spokesman said he couldn’t disclose details on the matter since the order was filed under Puerto Rico’s domestic violence law.
“The allegations against Ricky Martin that result in a protection order are completely false and fabricated,” this singer’s representatives told The Post on Sunday. “We’re very confident that when the true facts come out on this matter, our client Ricky Martin will probably be fully vindicated.”VALERIE MACON/AFP via Getty Images
The complainant isn’t Martin’s husband of six years, Spanish-born artist Jwan Yosef, Telemundo reported Sunday.
Yosef, 37, an achieved artist who was raised in Sweden, has been in a relationship with Martin since 2016, the outlet said.
The pair secretly married in 2017.
El Vocero, a Puerto Rico newspaper, reported Saturday that the order states that Martin and the one who did file the criticism dated for seven months. The person alleged that Martin didn’t accept their break up two months ago and that he has loitered near the petitioner’s home at the very least thrice, the report said.
“The petitioner fears for his safety,” El Vocero quoted the order as saying.
The order bars the “Livin’ la Vida Loca” singer from contacting or calling the one who filed it, police said. A judge will later determine during a hearing if the order should stay in place or be lifted.
Valencia, the police spokesman, noted that the one who filed for the restraining order didn’t contact cops, which might have prompted prosecutors to find out if there was enough evidence to file charges. As an alternative, the request went on to the court.
Martin’s representatives have denied the claims.
Start your day with all you want to know
Morning Report delivers the most recent news, videos, photos and more.
“The allegations against Ricky Martin that result in a protection order are completely false and fabricated,” his spokesperson told The Post on Sunday. “We’re very confident that when the true facts come out on this matter, our client Ricky Martin will probably be fully vindicated.”
The news comes after Martin was slapped last week with a $3 million lawsuit from his ex-manager Rebecca Drucker for unpaid commissions.
“Martin completely and maliciously refused to pay Rebecca the hundreds of thousands of dollars in commissions that he owes her under their management agreement,” reads a part of the 15-page suit filed Wednesday.
In a newly released documentary, though no specifics allegations are made against Martin, members of his former boy band, Menudo, alleged they were subject to sexual abuse, bullying, together with oppressive working conditions, and were exposed to drugs at a young age.
But Martin — who isn’t interviewed in four-part HBO Max docuseries “Menudo: Perpetually Young” — made life difficult for fellow members, in keeping with Sergio Blass, who was a part of the group from 1986 to 1990.
“To be with Ricky was brutal because he had seniority over me,” Blass said. “So if someone knocked on the door, I needed to open it. If the phone rang, I had to choose it up. I used to be like his housewife.”
In line with reports, the singer has not officially been served with the restraining order as of Sunday.
With Post wires