Rivalries within the NBA appear to be created every yr, but one which at all times stands proud is the in-city battle between the Los Angeles Clippers and Los Angeles Lakers. These two teams that share an arena will tackle each other in a gap week marquee matchup on Thursday night.
Fresh off their 123-109 loss by the hands of the Golden State Warriors on Tuesday, LeBron James and the Los Angeles Lakers will look to get their season back on course with a victory. Recording a 31-point night against the Warriors, James is now just two 20-point games away from tying Karl Malone’s all-time record for probably the most 20-point games in NBA history.
While James continues to look strong in 12 months 20, the Lakers as a complete really struggled on the offensive-end of the ground. They may now face a tricky task going up against the Clippers, one in every of the higher defensive teams from a season ago that may get each Paul George and Kawhi Leonard back from injuries, two of the higher two-way players in the whole league.
The Los Angeles Clippers enter the 2022-23 NBA season as championship favorites within the Western Conference though they made their only Western Conference Finals appearance in team history back through the 2020-21 season.
With the addition of former All-Star John Wall, in addition to the Clippers bringing back principally their entire roster from a season ago, they need to absolutely be one in every of the higher teams within the league this yr.
Lots is on the road each time each Los Angeles teams face each other and the bragging rights can never be higher!
The 2022-23 NBA season is about to start and here is the way to watch Tuesday’s game with gametimes and TV, lineups, bios and other must-know details.
The right way to watch Clippers vs. Lakers
- WHO: Los Angeles Clippers (0-0) vs. Los Angeles Lakers (0-1)
- WHEN: 10:00 p.m. ET, Thursday, October 20, 2022
- WHERE: Crypto.com Arena
- TV: TNT
- Stream: Fubo.television CLICK HERE
Key Stats & Facts For Clippers vs. Lakers
- The Los Angeles Lakers are coming off of a season-opening 123-109 loss on the road to the Golden State Warriors.
- The Los Angeles Clippers went 42-40 last season they usually failed to assert a playoff spot via the Western Conference Play-In Tournament.
- The Lakers are 150-81 all-time against the Clippers.
- The Clippers won all 4 games they played against the Lakers last season by a median of seven.3 points per game.
Mach 3, 2022 – Clippers 132, Lakers 111
Dominating the Lakers on each ends of the court, the Clippers got here away with a 132-111 of their final regular season meeting against their bitter rivals. Reggie Jackson finished the sport with 36 points on 14-30 shooting and he also finished with 8 rebounds and 9 assists. The Clippers were without each Kawhi Leonard and Paul George for this game, because the Lakers were missing Anthony Davis.
Latest Injury News:
Clippers: Reggie Jackson (groin) – PROBABLE
Lakers: Dennis Schroder (finger) – OUT, Troy Brown Jr. (back) – OUT, Thomas Bryant (thumb) – OUT, Russell Westbrook (hamstring) – PROBABLE, LeBron James (foot) – PROBABLE, Anthony Davis (back) – PROBABLE
PROJECTED CLIPPERS STARTERS (2021-22 Regular Season Stats):
- G Reggie Jackson (P), 6-foot-2 guard: 16.8 points, 4.8 assists
- G/F Paul George, 6-8 guard/forward: 24.3 points, 6.9 rebounds, 5.7 assists
- F Marcus Morris Sr., 6-8 forward: 15.4 points, 4.4 rebounds
- F Kawhi Leonard, 6-7 forward: 24.8 points, 6.5 rebounds, 5.2 assists (2020-21 season stats)
- C Ivica Zubac, 7-0 forward/center: 10.3 points, 8.5 rebounds
PROJECTED LAKERS STARTERS (2022-23 Regular Season Stats:
- G Russell Westbrook (P), 6-foot-3 guard: 19.0 points, 11.0 rebounds, 3.0 assists
- G Patrick Beverley, 6-2 guard: 3.0 points, 2.0 rebounds, 3.0 assists
- G Lonnie Walker IV, 6-4 guard: 5.0 points, 3.0 rebounds, 5.0 assists
- F LeBron James, 6-9 forward: 31.0 points, 14.0 rebounds, 8.0 assists
- F/C Anthony Davis, 6-10 forward/center: 27.0 points, 6.0 rebounds
- The Clippers are currently 5.5-point favorites over the Lakers as of Wednesday night, in response to FanDuel Sportsbook.
- The over/under for this matchup is currently set at 223.5 total points.
What to observe for:
- The Lakers haven’t beaten the Clippers within the regular season since July 30, 2020
- Lakers’ forward LeBron James is 1,295 profession points away from passing Kareem Abdul-Jabbar on the NBA’s All-Time Scoring List.
- Clippers’ guard John Wall is anticipated to make his debut for the team, marking his first NBA motion since April 23, 2021.
- Clippers’ forward Kawhi Leonard is making his return from an ACL injury that kept him out the whole thing of the 2021-22 NBA season.
The Fast Break Podcast hosted by our own Brett Siegel is now LIVE!
You should definitely compensate for the most recent news and intel from across the league by trying out The Fast Break Podcast, now streaming on Apple Podcasts and Spotify with latest episodes releasing every Friday.