iOS 16 allows users to delete duplicate photos.
Apple’s latest iPhone software update, iOS 16, was released Monday. In the event you’re like me and also you clutter your Photos app with duplicate pictures, Apple’s latest software update can make it easier to organize your shots and clean up your library.
A latest feature Apple is looking “duplicate detection” helps to aggregate all your repetitive shots. It’s only available on iOS 16, which you’ll be able to download so long as you’ve got an iPhone 8 or newer.
Using this latest feature can make it easier to liberate wasted space for storing. Here’s the best way to delete duplicate photos with iOS 16.
iOS 16 lets you delete duplicate photos.
- Open the Photos app in your iPhone.
- Tap Albums at the underside of your screen.
- In Albums, scroll right down to the section titled Utilities.
- Under the Utilities section, select Duplicates.
- You will see duplicate matches and an choice to Merge.
- Tap Merge to delete duplicate photos.
- To undergo your duplicates faster, select Select in the highest right corner to decide on multiple photos without delay. You may even Select All to merge the entire duplicate photos iOS 16 detects.
iOS 16 lets you merge duplicate photos.
That is it! After using this function myself, I used to be capable of delete 1,437 duplicate photos, freeing up a lot of space for storing and streamlining my Photos app.
Again, this only works if you’ve got installed the update. You may check by going to Settings > General > About. In the event you don’t see iOS 16 listed, then go to Settings > General > Software Update in your iPhone.