17.6 C
New York

Tottenham transfer news: Spurs working on sixth signing with Lenglet and Richarlison deals | Football | Sport

Published:

Tottenham are closing in on the signings of Barcelona centre-back Clement Lenglet (loan) and Everton frontman Richarlison but Daniel Levy and Fabio Paratici are actually not finished there as they appear to mastermind and execute the perfect transfer window within the club’s history. Following the conclusion of the 2021/22 campaign, the Spurs hierarchy are understood to have rallied behind manager Antonio Conte by deciding to wholeheartedly back their Italian boss available in the market. They’ve been targeting six recent recruits ahead of the club’s eight-day pre-season tour of South Korea, which is attributable to begin on July 11.

By the close of play this weekend, five of those could officially be through the door, providing a seven-day window to secure the services of a recent right-back. The position is now of priority to Tottenham, who’re set to accentuate their efforts to sign a possible upgrade for Emerson Royal and Matt Doherty.

Spurs have already received a proper approach from Atletico Madrid for the Brazilian, although the player’s agent has conceded that Conte desires to keep him in north London in any respect costs. Roma have also shown interest within the £26million signing.

His representative Dr Fabiano de Abreu said: “Emerson doesn’t leave Tottenham. In actual fact, Antonio Conte said that even when it was for 40 million euros, the loan wouldn’t come out since he has the player as primary in his position. Royal is joyful within the team.”

Djed Spence stays Tottenham’s primary goal and sources suggest Spurs are still within the ascendancy for the highly-rated 21-year-old with Levy driving negotiations with Championship side Middlesbrough.

Nevertheless, so far, Spurs have didn’t make the breakthrough during club-to-club discussions with Boro and so they are said to be losing patience with Tottenham – particularly given the long list of potential suitors.

READ MORE: Tottenham on verge of fourth and fifth signings following double transfer breakthrough

Middlesbrough plan to make use of any fee they receive for Spence to assist fund a Premier League promotion push, meaning Chris Wilder has needed to put the breaks on large elements of his ambitious summer transfer plans.

“If nothing happens with Djed, then he’s our player and he’ll be back for pre-season,” Wilder recently ruled. “If the deal doesn’t get done, we’ll see where we go from there. Have I got an input into it? Yeah, 100 per cent. The boy obviously doesn’t want to return back here, which I’ve got absolutely no issue with. He obviously sees his future away from here, and he had a superb season last season.

“We’re expecting that deal to occur, but when it doesn’t, then he’s our player. From a club standpoint, the deal must be right.”

Boro are demanding a package value an initial £15m plus add-ons, while Tottenham are yet to lift their bid from £10m – a proposal presented through the first round of negotiations between the clubs.

READ MORE
Everton star Richarlison hints Tottenham transfer imminent with message to distraught fan
Man Utd hatch Frenkie de Jong announcement plan as transfer deal enters ‘final stages’
Tottenham on verge of fourth and fifth signings following double transfer breakthrough

Spurs remain relaxed and assured a deal remains to be there to be struck after Spence privately pinpointed Tottenham as his preferred destination of selection. None of their current transfer rivals are in a position to offer the lure of Champions League football, something which is of great interest to the player.

Nottingham Forest, who brought the perfect from Spence during their remarkable play-off winning campaign under Steve Cooper last season, remain open to bringing their former loanee back to the City Ground.

Nevertheless, they’re already resigned to the idea that he can be joining Spurs after submitting a gap offer value £15m (£11m upfront and £4m in add-ons) for Liverpool’s Neco Williams, which was rejected by the Reds.

Tottenham were expected to match Middlesbrough’s valuation of Spence immediately after the conclusion of the post-club season international break, when the marauding full-back featured for Lee Carsley’s England U21 side.

But for now, they’ve seemingly been focused on landing other targets including Yves Bissouma – who followed Fraser Forster and Ivan Perisic – Lenglet and Richarlison.

Although there was vague interest within the likes of Torino’s Wilfried Singo and Nordi Mukiele of RB Leipzig, Spence stays top of Tottenham’s shortlist as he ticks multiple boxes for Conte.

He’s deemed the right fit for Tottenham’s 3-4-3 system having flourished at right wing-back during his time at Forest, while importantly, he also ticks the homegrown box.

The prodigiously talented defender also left a long-lasting impression on Tottenham’s managing director of football Paratici when the previous Juventus chief traveled to the East Midlands to observe him in motion for Forest of their 4-1 FA Cup demolition of Leicester in February.

Spence scored and assisted for the Premier League recent boys while Forest attacking midfielder Brennan Johnson also caught the attention of the Italian.

Tottenham remain confident of striking a cope with Middlesbrough, although given the unpredictable nature of Paratici’s ambitious and fast-changing approach to the transfer market, the signing of a separate still can’t be ruled out.

sportinbits@gmail.com
sportinbits@gmail.comhttps://sportinbits.com
Get the latest Sports Updates (Soccer, NBA, NFL, Hockey, Racing, etc.) and Breaking News From the United States, United Kingdom, and all around the world.

Related articles

spot_img

Recent articles

spot_img