The Memphis Grizzlies, one in every of the young, surprise teams of the 2021-22 season, are set to host the Recent York Knicks, a team trying to get back on course within the Eastern Conference, in each team’s first game of the brand new 2022-23 NBA season.
Ja Morant, a household name across the NBA now, is coming off of a season through which he not only saw motion in his first All-Star Game, but a 12 months through which he was named the 2021-22 NBA Most Improved Player. A dynamic and freakish athlete at the purpose guard position, Morant is “must-see-TV” each time he takes the court.
While they’re without Jaren Jackson Jr. to start the brand new season, the Grizzlies still have Desmond Bane and Dillon Brooks on the perimeter, two key two-way options this team has to utilize on each ends of the ground.
On the opposite side of things, the Knicks come into this game just trying to begin the brand new 12 months with a win, something they’ve done only once within the last three seasons.
RJ Barrett and Julius Randle return for Recent York and Jalen Brunson shall be making his debut with the team after receiving a four-year, $104 million contract in free agency this past offseason. They could be a team that many have pointed at over time and laughed, however the Knicks have a probability to shock many this 12 months, especially in a loaded Eastern Conference.
The 2022-23 NBA season is about to start and here is learn how to watch Wednesday’s game with gametimes and TV, lineups, bios and other must-know details.
watch Knicks vs. Grizzlies
- WHO: Recent York Knicks (0-0) vs. Memphis Grizzlies (0-0)
- WHEN: 7:30 p.m. ET, Wednesday, October 19, 2022
- WHERE: FedEx Forum
- TV: ESPN
- Stream: Fubo.television CLICK HERE
Key Stats & Facts For Knicks vs. Grizzlies
- The Memphis Grizzlies earned the 2-seed within the Western Conference last season after ending the 2021-22 season with a 56-26 record, tying their franchise record for wins in a single season.
- The Recent York Knicks didn’t make the playoffs for the eighth time within the last nine seasons after ending with a 37-45 record in the course of the 2021-22 season.
- The Grizzlies are 5-14 all-time at home in season openers.
- The Pelicans are 17-18 all-time on the road in season openers.
- Memphis swept Recent York in two regular season matchups a season ago, outscoring the Knicks by 16 total points.
March 11, 2022 – Grizzlies 118, Knicks 114
On the road in Memphis, the Knicks kept this game close due to 36 points and 12 rebounds from Julius Randle, but Ja Morant’s 37-point, 8-assist performance was an excessive amount of for Recent York to beat. Jaren Jackson Jr. and Ziaire Williams each scored 13 points for Memphis, as RJ Barrett went for 23 points for Recent York. Despite losing, the Knicks still managed to outscore the Grizzlies by 11 points on the free-throw line.
Latest Injury News:
Knicks: Quentin Grimes (foot) – QUESTIONABLE, Obi Toppin (undisclosed) – PROBABLE
Grizzlies: Jaren Jackson Jr. (foot) – OUT, Danny Green (knee – ACL) – OUT, Ziaire Williams (knee) – OUT, Dillon Brooks (left thigh soreness) – DOUBTFUL
PROJECTED KNICKS STARTERS (2021-22 Regular Season Stats):
- G Jalen Brunson, 6-foot-1 guard: 11.9 points, 3.7 assists
- G/F Evan Fournier, 6-7 guard/forward: 14.1 points, 2.6 rebounds
- F RJ Barrett, 6-6 forward: 20.0 points, 5.8 rebounds
- F Julius Randle, 6-8 forward: 20.1 points, 9.9 rebounds, 5.1 assists
- C Mitchell Robinson, 6-11 center: 8.5 points. 8.6 rebounds
PROJECTED GRIZZLIES STARTERS (2021-22 Regular Season Stats):
- G Ja Morant, 6-3 guard: 27.4 points, 5.7 rebounds, 6.7 assists
- G Desmond Bane, 6-5 guard: 18.2 points, 4.4 rebounds
- F Dillon Brooks (D), 6-7 forward: 18.4 points, 3.2 rebounds
- F Brandon Clarke, 6-80 forward: 10.4 points, 5.3 rebounds
- C Steven Adams, 6-11 center: 6.9 points, 10.0 rebounds
- The Grizzlies are currently 6-point favorites over the Bulls as of Tuesday afternoon, in accordance with FanDuel Sportsbook.
- The over/under for this matchup is currently set at 226 total points.
What to look at for:
- Grizzlies Ja Morant won the 2021-22 NBA Most Improved Player award after averaging 27.4 points, 5.7 rebounds, and 6.7 assists per game.
- Memphis was one in every of five teams to rank contained in the Top-10 in each offensive and defensive rating a season ago.
- The Grizzlies are 26-24 all-time against the Knicks.
- The Knicks only surrendered a median of 106.6 points per game to their opponents in the course of the 2021-22 season, because the Grizzlies surrendered a median of 109.9 points per game to their opponents.