Last yr, the Milwaukee Bucks took home the title for the primary time since 1971, stopping the Phoenix Suns from winning their first ever NBA championship. This time around we have now the Golden State Warriors pitting themselves against the joint-most successful team within the competition’s history.
“Havlicek stole the ball!”
As we await Game 7 tonight… look back at some of the iconic plays in East Finals history, when John Havlicek got here up with the game-clinching steal within the finals seconds of Game 7 in 1965 to lift the @celtics over the 76ers.pic.twitter.com/BKuGvaWKsL
— NBA History (@NBAHistory) May 29, 2022
Celtics and Lakers: essentially the most NBA championships
The Los Angeles Lakers and the Boston Celtics are tied for essentially the most NBA championship titles in NBA history with 17 championships each. Some would argue the Boston Celtics take home the title for essentially the most NBA championships seeing because the Los Angeles Lakers were once the Minnesota Lakers.
The Lakers became the Los Angeles Lakers in 1960, making history by becoming the primary NBA team on the west coast. Prior to becoming the Los Angeles Lakers, the Lakers won five NBA titles in Minnesota, the “land of 10,000 lakes.”
Although the Los Angeles Lakers and the Boston Celtics include a ton of fans, notoriety, and talent, they are usually not the highest two franchises with regards to money and valuations. As of this yr, they’re beat out by the Latest York Knicks, price $5 billion, and the Golden State Warriors, price $4.7 billion according to Forbes.
Which years did the LA/Minneapolis Lakers win the NBA championship?
- 1949, 1950, 1952, 1953, 1954, 1972, 1980, 1982, 1985, 1987, 1988, 2000, 2001, 2002, 2009, 2010, 2020
- Total wins: 17
- Total championship appearances: 32
Which years did the Boston Celtics win the NBA championship?
- 1957, 1959, 1960, 1961, 1962, 1963, 1964, 1965, 1966, 1968, 1969, 1974, 1976, 1981, 1984, 1986, 2008
- Total wins: 17
- Total championship appearances: 21
- Fun fact: The Boston Celtics won nine championships in a row. 1956-1969 is often called the Bill Russell Era, as Russell played a big consider that winning streak. He was a component of the Boston Celtics for all 11 NBA championships won across 13 years. Russell is due to this fact essentially the most decorated player within the NBA.