British Airways, Wizz Air and Tui were among the many top airlines that had Britons waiting to take off last 12 months. This was in response to evaluation of Civil Aviation Authority data.
The information showed Wizz Air had passengers waiting the longest to get within the air, with wait times greater than triple another airlines.
This was based on how far behind schedule flights were in 2021.
Wizz Air was closely followed by big names including Tui Airways and British Airways.
Virgin Atlantic and Loganair made up the rest of the highest five.
READ MORE: Thrifty traveller shares tricks to enjoy foreign holidays every MONTH
Flight delay times
1. Wizz Air: 14 minutes 24 seconds
2. Tui Airways: 13 minutes 18 seconds
3. British Airways: 12 minutes 42 seconds
4. Virgin Atlantic: 12 minutes
5. Loganair: 11 minutes 30 seconds
6. Air France: 11 minutes 12 seconds
7. Lufthansa: 10 minutes
8. KLM: Eight minutes 42 seconds
9. Eastern Airways: Seven minutes 48 seconds
10. Jet2.com: Seven minutes 42 seconds
11. American Airlines: Seven minutes
12. Ryanair: Six minutes six seconds
13. easyJet: 4 minutes 36 seconds
14. Aer Lingus: Three minutes 12 seconds
The information considered scheduled departure times from UK airports when airlines had greater than 2,500 flights. It didn’t take cancelled flights into consideration.
While the information doesn’t look great for those booking a flight, editor of consumer magazine Which? Travel Guy Hobbs explained the situation is definitely worse for a lot of.
He said: “While these findings are worrying, the truth has actually been far worse for a lot of travellers this summer.
“Holidaymakers have faced a barrage of disruption over the previous couple of months, and these latest figures only serve to underline the necessity for urgent reform of the travel industry.
Other budget airlines, Ryanair and easyJet fared significantly better within the findings.
The 2 carriers had a number of the best services, with Ryanair showing delays of just six minutes and 6 seconds.
easyJet has even shorter delays at around 4 minutes and 36 seconds.
The airline with the shortest delays within the research was Aer Lingus, at three minutes and 12 seconds.